The Verdict
I'm not too surprised that the Colonel was found not guilty of Misbeheviour Before The Enemy. I slipped up badly, either it was my lack of research or the incomplete testimony of my only witness- either way this is lost.
I was however given the opportunity for a parting-shot. I had almost forgotten that the Colonel pleaded guilty earlier to Disobeying A Regulation and I was allowed to make a closing statement in that part of the case at least:
"A crime has been committed, Your Honour, while not heinous it is however one which brings the United States Marine Corps into disrepute- a 231 year legacy that can be ripped to shreds by one who wears your uniform, not one like mine, but one like yours. Consider this when passing sentence Your Honour. The prosecution rests."
Judge Ross has recessed the court-martial for 24 hours to assess the Colonel's sentence. The fate of Colonel Ciaran Creedon is at hand...
I was however given the opportunity for a parting-shot. I had almost forgotten that the Colonel pleaded guilty earlier to Disobeying A Regulation and I was allowed to make a closing statement in that part of the case at least:
"A crime has been committed, Your Honour, while not heinous it is however one which brings the United States Marine Corps into disrepute- a 231 year legacy that can be ripped to shreds by one who wears your uniform, not one like mine, but one like yours. Consider this when passing sentence Your Honour. The prosecution rests."
Judge Ross has recessed the court-martial for 24 hours to assess the Colonel's sentence. The fate of Colonel Ciaran Creedon is at hand...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home